Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Yearly Meeting Sessions

I just returned home from Canton on my Yamaha. I cannot remember ever riding in a more severe thunderstorm like the one I just experienced. I am thankful for a heavy bike, good tires, and a dry rain suit.

I chose to commute Monday and Tuesday as opposed to staying over in Canton for Yearly Meeting. This morning was an early start. I had a 7 am meeting which put me on the road around 5:30 am.. What a beautiful morning to ride!

So what's Yearly Meeting? In the Friend's tradition local churches gather once a year to worship, fellowship and conduct the business of our denomination. I can vaguely remember the days when it ran for two solid weeks. Now we are down to two days of actual business sessions. My how times have changed.

However, there are a few things that remain constant. One is the excitement and joy people have in coming together each year and two, is the unity we experience during our business sessions. Unity is no small feat in the body of Christ you know. It requires a humble spirit on the part of all in attendance and a willingness to center one's will and desire beyond self interest. May this same spirit carry forth into all of our churches and families in the coming months. We could all use a little more righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost ... Amen?

Thanks for stopping by!
------
Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment